How to Redeem a Gift Card on Microsoft Account
Microsoft account login is required to redeem a Windows or Xbox One gift card. You may use them to buy files, subscriptions, and physical goods not available on the webshop. However, many customers have complained about the difficulty of redeeming their free Microsoft product. If you are experiencing the same troubles, we provide you with useful instructions that will tell you how to redeem a gift card on your Microsoft account.
Tips for Using a Microsoft Account Gift Card
The following are the applicable applications for every redeemed gift or code:
- A gift card or code containing money will be credited to your account after redemption. This sum may be used to make purchases from an electronic retailer.
- After redeeming a Gift card or code to purchase or unlock an app, the app will be added to your library and may be downloaded and installed in the same way.
- If your Gift card or code is associated with a subscription, go to Services & Subscriptions.
Firstly, you will need a 25-character code to shop through redeem outside of the Microsoft online store. It is printed on the card. Always confirm that your purchasing account belongs to you. Now let’s move on to the procedure of how to use a promotional code.
Note: The gift card does not operate in a real-world Microsoft store and Microsoft 365.
Method 1: From Microsoft Store
If you’re running Windows, you can utilize the built-in Microsoft Store program to redeem a promotional code for free Microsoft software. It’s also compatible with iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, and other devices. Here is how to redeem a gift card from Microsoft Store.
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials (email, phone number, and Skype ID) to sign in.
- To activate the software, locate the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar and click it. You may simply look for it in the Windows search bar and open it from there.
- If you are using Windows 11, follow steps 3A and 3B to access your profile. 3A. Click on your profile icon. 3B. To access more settings for your Windows 10 profile, tap the three-dot menu located next to your picture.
- Choose the option that asks for a code or gift card number.
- Currently, you’re experiencing a pop-up. Simply fill in the box with the 25-character redemption code and continue.
Method 2. Accessing It Via an Xbox One
When using an Xbox One, redeeming a Microsoft Redeem Code or gift card is a breeze. Verify that you are signed into your Microsoft account online. To proceed, please read the following.
- Turn on your Xbox.
- Check out the Microsoft Store.
- Select the Redeem tab from the menu bar’s left side.
- Put in your Microsoft Reward code here. then press the OK button.
You should be able to use an Xbox One gift card or code now that you know how.
Method 3. Online Microsoft Account Code Redemption
Alternatively, you may get a free Microsoft Redeem Code by going to the Microsoft website. If you don’t have access to or don’t want to utilize the Microsoft Store, you may still use this option. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Use your web browser to visit the Microsoft Redeem website. Log in when requested to do so.
- Put in your login information.
- The code is 25 characters long, so please enter them.
- After you’ve input the code, click the “next” button.
- Afterward, you’ll be asked to verify the product’s addition to your account.
Questions & Answers (FAQs)
1: What should be done if the code is unreadable or damaged?
Your best bet if you’re having trouble redeeming a physical voucher is to take it back to the shop where you bought it and explain the situation. If the card was a gift, get in touch with the giver and explain the issue.
2: What should you do if your country or region doesn’t fit the code?
Answer: You may not be able to use an Amazon gift card purchased in another country or region. To learn more, call the store. If the gift card was sent to you by someone who does not live in the same city, state, or country as you, have them cancel it in their Microsoft account by going to Account > Order history. They’ll be able to resend you the code after they verify your account’s location.
3. If the code was not located, what would happen?
Answer: You will get this message if you enter an invalid code. When a card is accidentally scratched, deformed, or otherwise mutilated, it might make it impossible to read the precise text printed on it. Please verify all information and keep in mind that the letters A, E, I, O, U, L, S, 0, 1, and 5 will not be part of the code.
We trust that you now understand how to redeem a gift card thanks to our tutorial. We also learned how to redeem a gift card or coupon online. Please use the space below to ask any questions or make any recommendations you may have.