Google has introduced 3 new features in its most popular app Maps. One of the new features of Google Maps is the Live View feature which is currently being rolled out for a few cities.
With this feature, users will be able to get to know the main locations of important cities in a better way by using Augmented Reality (AR) technology. For this feature, you have to click on the New Camera icon in the Maps search bar, after which several AR dots will appear on the screen.
This feature will highlight important places in the city, shops, ATMs, etc. When you rotate the smartphone camera around, these dots will tell you how far away an office or location is and which route is possible to get there.
When you point the camera at a dot, a bubble will appear and provide important details about that location. The feature will be available to users in London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, and Tokyo over the next few weeks.
It is possible that users will be able to use it in other parts of the world in the next few months, but for now, the company has not said anything about it.
- The second feature is regarding electric vehicles.
- This feature will help electric vehicle owner discover charging stations with new fast charge filters.
- This feature will only be available in countries where electric vehicle charging stations are available.
- The third feature is Accessible Places which will identify places that are accessible by wheelchairs.
- This feature is being rolled out worldwide and can be accessed by enabling Accessible Places in Google Maps settings.